Thursday, August 18, 2011

Sausage and Wild Rice Casserole

This is one of my new favorite finds! There is just something delicious about eating sausage at another meal, other than breakfast. This recipe mixes all things that are delicious to me: sage sausage, mushrooms, wild rice, and cheese! It's a pregnant woman's dream! This recipe comes from a cookbook that I've mentioned many times before, "My Southern Food a Celebration of the Flavors of the South". In the cookbook, she uses it more as a holiday side, but I find it filling enough for a main dish. Green beans or a salad, and some type of bread really make it a meal for me!
Sausage and Rice Casserole
1 (6 oz.) package instant wild rice
1 pound ground pork sausage with sage
1 onion, chopped
1 (10.5 oz) can cream of mushroom soup
1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
2 green onions, chopped
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms, drained if canned or jarred
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Prepare the wild rice according to the package directions. In a separate skillet, brown the sausage like ground meat and saute the onion. In a large bowl, blend the rice, the sausage mixture, soup, Cajun seasoning, green onions, and mushrooms. Pour into a 13x9 inch baking dish. Top with the cheese and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until bubbly!

Come back this weekend, because I will be sharing the recipes for a baby shower that I'm hosting. I'm doing a salsa bar!




No comments:

Post a Comment