Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Alaska State Fair

 This past weekend we attended the Alaska State Fair, for what will probably be the very last time. The Fair is one of the greatest things about living in Alaska, and it definitely lives up when it comes to "fair food"! As you can tell from above, one of our favorite things to get is a hand-dipped corn dog. These things are addictive!
 This is Scarlet's friend Emalie's Dad Marc. That was one huge burger! I didn't get a pic, but Jake also enjoyed a bison burger. I had a bite and it was actually pretty good. Very lean,but seasoned well.
 This place was so good! Jake and I shared a crab bisque and crab cakes as appetizers while we searched for other stuff to eat! LOL! This bisque really hit the spot since the weather was on the cool side.
We didn't eat this, a) because I wasn't brave enough, and b) because I like my arteries! But I thought it was really neat and they had a line, so it must be good!
The Alaska State Fair is a typical state fair, in that it still holds a competition for baked goods. They had everything from cakes and pies, to cookies and breads. They even had a section for canned goods and homemade wine.

The  fair was great, but when we left I told Jake that if they had fried pickles and boiled peanuts, it would have felt almost like home!

No comments:

Post a Comment