Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Promotion and PIE!










































As I've mentioned before, I am married to an active duty Soldier. Yesterday, my children (Scarlet and Wyatt) had the honor of promoting my husband to the rank of Staff Sargent. This is an achievement that he has been working toward for some time. I can not express how very proud of him we are! To show him how much we appreciate his hard work, we made him a chocolate chip cookie pie!


This recipe is based on one in Southern Living's,"Fast Family Suppers". I've mentioned this cookbook before, as it's where the previous post about enchiladas originated. The biggest difference about my pie and the pie from the cookbook, is that I choose to use homemade chocolate chip cookies. My favorite chocolate chip recipe, that I've been asked for many times, is actually off the back of the Hersey's Special Dark Chocolate Chip bag. It's easy and delicious! I also like to make a homemade graham cracker crust, instead of a store bought one. I usually just use the recipe on the back of the crushed graham cracker box. I think it gives a pie a fresher taste.


No Bake Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie


1 (15 or 18 oz.) package chocolate chip cookies

1 cup milk

1 (9 oz) ready-made graham cracker crust

1 (8 oz) container frozen whipped topping, thawed



Dip 8 cookies in milk, and place in a single later in graham cracker crust. Top with one-third of whipped topping, Dip 8 more cookies in milk, and place on top; spread with one-third of whipped topping. repeat layers with 8 more cookies, milk, and remaining whipped topping. Crumble 2 chocolate chip cookies, and sprinkle over pie. Cover and chip 8 hours before serving. Makes 8 servings.


* For prepackaged cookies, they suggest Nabisco Chunky Chocolate Chips Ahoy. You'll need 26 cookies for this recipe.









































No comments:

Post a Comment